Flying J Management has several wholly and partially owned subsidiaries.
- Maverik is an independent convenience store chain located in the Intermountain West with more than 310 stores in 10 states. Maverik has grown by providing a hometown approach to fueling vehicles (and their customers) for an amazing value.
- Big West Oil is a high conversion refinery that provides petroleum products to customers in seven western states including Utah, Colorado and Nevada.
- Pilot Flying J, a network of travel plazas dedicated to making life better for America’s drivers. Each travel plaza has extensive amenities and over 650 locations coast to coast including several locations in Canada.
- Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites, a unique, independent hotel chain that has expanded to six locations in Utah and Montana, is known for their dedication to their guests and overall convenience.
- WellQuest, develops, acquires, and operates senior living communities which include Active Adult apartments, Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care.
With a continued focus on our customers as well as our employees, FJ Management plans to grow each of its subsidiaries and acquire new businesses — respecting the past, but also paving the way for our future.
Maverik is a well-known gas and convenience store chain that fuels adventure in more than 290 locations across 10 western states. The stores are well known for their great service and premium BonFire™ food — made fresh in every Maverik, every day. In 2013, Maverik was named Convenience Store Chain of the year. The chain was also named Foodservice Innovator of the year in 2014.
Big West Oil
Big West Oil is a high conversion refinery that provides petroleum to seven western states including Utah, Colorado, and Nevada. The sophisticated facility has a total capacity of 35,000 barrels per day (over one million gallons) and refines a combination of Utah, Wyoming, and Canadian crude oils into high-quality motor fuels and other specialty chemicals. Their products meet or exceed government standards for clean transportation fuels, as well as customer needs for engine performance and cold flow qualities. Big West Oil is a wholly owned subsidiary of FJ Management.
Pilot Flying J
FJ Management is a minority owner in Pilot Flying J. The company operates a network of more than 650 interstate travel centers and travel plazas, coast to coast, focused on superior customer service and enhanced offerings for professional drivers and traveling motorists. Pilot Flying J operates in 43 states and 6 Canadian provinces and employs more than 20,000 people. It is one of the top ten largest privately held companies in the United States. Pilot Flying J is headquartered in Knoxville, TN
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites is an independent hotel chain with inns in Utah and Montana. With a dedication to each individual guest, the staff works to delight each guest with a clean, well-maintained room, a friendly staff, and valuable travel amenities – like great breakfasts, swimming pools, laundry facilities, convenience stores and in-room amenities. As founder Crystal Maggelet likes to say “Delight every guest, every day, one at a time.” Crystal Inn Hotel and Suites enjoy a great reputation with both business and leisure travelers.
WellQuest is a developer and operator of senior living communities. They offer vibrant communities where they create meaningful, and memorable experiences with residents. With operating communities and developments in the West, the team continues to seek opportunities to build and acquire as they grow a senior living portfolio. WellQuest communities offer unparalleled care, by providing best-in-class amenities and living options. WellQuest focuses on the individual needs of each of their residents, so they can have the autonomy and freedom they desire along with the help and care they might need. They are passionate about their mission to help their residents continue to live life to the fullest.